SUMMARY: BDB LLC provides scientific and technical consulting and contracting services to academic and commercial clients in and around he Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill and Research Triangle Park (RTP) areas of North Carolina. Specifically, BDB LLC offers the services of Brian David Bower PhD as an independent contractor. Placement of other contractors through BDB LLC may be possible on a case-by-case basis.
CAPABILITIES: Dr. Bower is an experienced molecular biologist with excellent communication skills, a record of grant funding, expertise with reagent and assay development and validation, and a history of successful collaborative and independent work in large and small laboratories in academic and industry research and development (R&D) environments. (www.BDBLLC.us)
- Working in accordance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Good Laboratory Procedures (GLPs) and ISO 13485.
- Conception, design, validation and application of novel immunoassays via chemiluminescent and florescent western blotting, and Protein Simple Wes™.
- Mouse husbandry, colony maintenance, genotyping, and tissue harvesting and processing.
- Adherent cell culture techniques including derivation, culture, cyrostorage and revival of primary and immortalized mammalian cells.
- Isolation, amplification, identification, titration and archival of human pathogenic viruses from human clinical samples in a Biosafety Level 2 (BLS-2) laboratory.
- Conventional molecular cloning techniques including PCR primer design and reaction optimization, restriction digestions and ligation, and confirmatory sequencing, and related bacteriology techniques including heat-shock transformation and blue-white selection.
- Protein expression, extraction and purification from E. coli expression vectors via conventional and fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC, via GE ÄKTA & UNICORN).
- RNA extraction via Trizol and Qiagen™ kits, quality analysis via Agilent 2100, quantification via NanoDrop, and gene expression quantification via SYBR Green™ or TaqMan™ RT-qPCR.
Moreover, BDB LLC can independently procure appropriate equipment, supplies, and space to support contracted work, on a negotiated basis. In addition to relieving the client of these administrative burdens, this can protect both BDB LLC and clients from IRS allegations of contractor misclassification.
Brian David Bower, PhD 1 (919) 641-9065 BDB@BDBLLC.US