4, El. Venizelou Ave.
GR-17676, Kallithea, Athens
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. COMPANY PROFILE 2
1.1 Background 2
1.2 Services 2
1.3 Industries 3
1.4 Personnel & Size 4
1.5 Financial Data 5
1.6 Contracts with International Organisations 5
2. SIMILAR PROJECTS 7
3. TECHNICAL CAPACITY 9
3.1 IT Infrastructure 9
3.2 Helpdesk Support 9
3.3 Security 10
3.4 Hardware 11
3.5 Software 13
4. COST EFFECTIVENESS 16
5. SOCIAL CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY 17
1. COMPANY PROFILE
Intertranslations was established in 1996 and has more than twenty years of experience in the translation business. We provide translation services to and from all European, Asian and Middle Eastern languages by certified, native translators, who possess both the prerequisite linguistic competence and expertise in specific domains (legal, financial, medical, health and nutrition, education, human rights, technical, scientific, etc).
Intertranslations is registered with the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Hellenic Business Registry. Please refer to Annex I for the relevant certificate.
In order to ensure top quality translation services, Intertranslations is certified according to:
EN ISO 9001: 2008 (Quality Management System)
EN ISO 27001: 2005 (Information Security Management System)
EN ISO 17100:2016 (Translation Quality Management System).
Please refer to Annex II for a copy of these certificates.
The company is covered by an insurance policy against risks and damage or loss caused to contracting authorities, relating to the implementation of contracts and the provision of translation services.
Translation and localization
Our translation processes aim at ensuring linguistic integrity, accuracy and consistency of terminology. We provide:
- Document Translation
- Multimedia Translation
- Software Translation & Localization
- Online Translation
- Website Translation & Localization
- Voice – Over Services
Intertranslations can process any file format including the following:
- MS Office documents
- Rich text format: .rtf
- Text: txt
- HTML- Hypertext markup language: .html
- XML- Extensible markup language: .xml
- Adobe inDesign: .indd
- QuarkXpress: .qxd
- FrameMaker: .fm
- Adobe Illustrator: .ai
- Source code (Java): .Java
Intertranslations can also work with a number of macros and tools provided by customers. It is possible to use a wide range of proprietary formats to simultaneously assesse these files in terms of compatibility.
This service ensures that any digital and printed material (brochures, leaflets, manuals, catalogues) will convey the original layout from graphics to fonts in any language. To achieve this we use state-of-the art OCR and CAT tools that can convert any file (pdf, jpeg, etc.) into editable form (word, idml, etc.) and textual format for the translation to begin. Similarly, DTP tools are applied to files already translated in order to produce end-results in accordance with the original files of the customer and typesetting rules.
Intertranslations provides on-demand digital printing for small quantities and offset printing for larger quantities. We offer worldwide on-site delivery.
Our company provides simultaneous and consecutive interpretation services for conferences, business meetings and seminars covering any occasion and business need in any location.
Our clientele comprises leading software and medical/pharmaceutical multinationals, consumer electronics companies, heavy machinery manufacturers, automotive vendors, banks and financial institutions, legal companies, etc. We also provide services to International Public Organizations, embassies, governmental agencies and the wider government sector.
A list of the industries we have covered and the variety of terminology/text type we have successfully translated can be seen below:
Technology & Manufacturing
- Software and hardware
- Electrical equipment
- Mining and quarries
- Chemical products
- Textiles, apparel, and leather
- Petroleum and coke products
- Consumer electronics and optical products
- Energy and power
- Transporting and storage
- Metal and mineral products
- Rubber and plastic products
Medical & Life Sciences
- Medical devices
- Medical and pharmaceutical patents
- Social work activities
- Health care
- Corporate finance
- Management consulting
- Investment banking
- Marketing and advertising
- Scientific research
Government and Public Sector
- European Union
- National and local governments
- Police and court
1.4. Contracts with International Organisations
Intertranslations is an official contractor of numerous organizations and bodies of the European Union and has successfully completed complex translation contracts such as:
1. Translation services into English for the European Parliament.
Source languages: BG, CS, DA, DE, EL, ES, ET, FI, FR, GA, HR, HU, IT, LT, LV, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, SV.
2. Translation services into French for the European Parliament.
Source languages: BG, CS, DA, DE, EN, EL, ES, ET, FI, HR, HU, IT, LT, LV, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, SV.
3. Translation services into Portuguese for the European Parliament.
Source languages: EN, FR, DE, ES, IT, RO, PL, SV, EL, SK, BG, HR, NL
4. Translation services into EU official languages for the European Commission.
Source languages: BG, CS, DA, DE, EL, EN, ES, ET, FI, FR, HR, HU, IT, LT, LV, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, SV.
Target languages: BG, CS, DA, DE, EL, EN, ES, ET, FI, FR, GA, HR, HU, IT, LT, LV, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, SV.
5. Translation of legal texts from certain official languages of the European Union into English for the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Source languages: DE, ES
6. Translation of legal texts from certain official languages of the European Union into Italian for the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Source languages: FR, ES
7. CONSUM15-NL: Translation services regarding texts in the field of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) into Dutch for the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union.
Source languages: DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT
8. FL/SCIENT15: Translation services regarding texts in scientific fields such as medical, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental and food safety fields from English for the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union.
Target languages: BG, EL, HU, HR, IT, PT, RO
9. FL/LEG14-01DE: Translation services regarding texts in the legal field into German for the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union.
Source languages: EN, FR.
10. FL/LEG14-02ES: Translation services regarding texts in the legal field into Spanish for the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union.
Source languages: EN, FR.
11. Translation services from English into 8 languages (Arabic, French, Dari, Farsi, Kurmanij, Urdu, Pashtu and Sorani) for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
2. TECHNICAL CAPACITY
2.1 IT Infrastructure
Intertranslations has a cutting-edge IT department in order to be able to provide support for everyone involved in the execution of the contract using the appropriate, software and hardware. Our in-house IT department consists of IT Engineers, IT Administrators and Helpdesk support staff.
The design of our IT infrastructure allows for:
• Project Managers, Vendor Managers, Linguists and Quality Controllers have 24/7 remote access to our systems,
• helpdesk support available 24/7,
• system error monitoring 24/7,
• 100Mb internet feed with SLA 99.9%
• local and off-site backup tapes,
• 99.9% system availability (virtualization technologies),
• disaster recovery, business continuity plan (ISO/IEC 27001:2013).
Internal staff work on the company network using CITRIX technologies. External staff are connected to CITRIX via encrypted SSL connections. For ongoing projects, corporate email accounts and telephone extensions (3CX VoIP and Video conferencing technology) are provided to external freelance translators/revisers. The technology used allows our internal and external staff to work together in an “in-house” environment. Adoption of this technology improves productivity and the collaboration between external and internal staff.
In order to meet the requirements of projects, all freelancers involved are provided with the necessary equipment (laptops, VoIP devices etc.) in order to carry out their work efficiently. The equipment is prepared by the IT department including all necessary security tools (antivirus, PGP). All software applications used freelancers are hosted on the corporate network that allows central support for the software used in the production.
Our linguists are thoroughly trained in the applications used. Both external and internal linguists work using Remote Desktop connections. The company’s policy is that all translations are carried out within the company and that no documents are allowed to leave the premises.
The design of our IT infrastructure integrates the latest technologies ensuring 99.9% system availability. Some of these technologies are: Server Clustering, Virtualization, Real Time Replication, Deduplication, etc. The company also provides staff with an internal multi-tier Support Helpdesk and has entered agreements with Hardware & Software manufacturers providing exceptionally high SLAs.
2.2 Helpdesk Support
The Helpdesk manages the support request tickets, sent by internal staff and freelancers. After reception, those tickets are entered automatically into the Service-Desk system and the IT support staff classifies the tickets based on the nature, support level and severity of the issue.
Nature of issues:
• Electronic files
• Web services, tools, files provided by the client
• 1st level (HelpDesk staff)
• 2nd level (System Administrator and Engineers)
• 3rd level (Hardware Vendors, Software vendors, ISPs, external consultants)
Severity of issues response time:
• Critical (within 1 hour)
• High (within 4 hours)
• Normal (within 24 hours)
• Low (within 48 hours)
The IT department is the single point of communication for every technical issue arising from internal or external staff. It is the only department authorized to communicate with the client’s technical department in cases the issue concerns tools, applications and web services provided by the client and cannot be resolved in-house. The in-house IT department also supports issues concerning CAT tools.
All in-house IT staff is certified to support this infrastructure. Professional certifications include: Microsoft Certified System Engineer, Cisco Certified Network Professional, VMware Certified Professional, and Symantec Technology Specialist.
The members of the IT department are responsible either to resolve an issue or escalate it to the next support level. When an issue is resolved, the Helpdesk staff informs the ticket issuer. The IT knowledge base is then updated with the resolved issue.
Progress of ticket requests is monitored by a service-desk application in order to ensure resolutions in due time.
Intertranslations is one of the few companies in the translation and localization industry certified with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for its Information Security Management System by TÜV Austria.
3. COST EFFECTIVENESS
Cost effectiveness is an integral part of operation procedures at Intertranslations. Constant communication among all stakeholders and effective coordination of each project team are key factors towards that goal. The following should also be taken into consideration:
- The company is ISO certified, with clearly documented and monitored processes and procedures.
- The company processes a specific ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) e-platform that provides centralized management functions and allows for monitoring of the translation process.
- The roles of each project team member are clearly described, stating their responsibilities during the different stages of the project.
- The hierarchical structure of the team is defined in detail and communicated to all, leaving no doubt as to who is authorized for decision making and decision execution.
- An escalation procedure is in place and followed by all team members when there is a need for communication with upper management or a resolution to a problem is required.
- The team meets on a regular basis to discuss the progress of each project, resolve any issues and enhance efficiency of working together.
- Customer requirements, feedback and possible complaints are disseminated immediately, keeping everyone informed according to their position.
- Technical information files (terminology repositories, knowledge databases, memos, emails, etc) are synchronized centrally and available to everyone, streamlining the coordination between our in-house and external staff.
- Project progress is monitored constantly, identifying possible problems at an early stage and allowing for corrective action.
- Project-specific terminology glossaries and style guides are used to minimise the time spent on the translation and revision process.
- A cutting-edge IT environment that uses CITRIX technologies and provides:
A safe virtual ‘in-house’ environment available to internal and external staff;
Corporate email accounts and telephone extensions for all;
Advanced VoIP telephone and teleconference technologies;
24/7 helpdesk availability;
99.9% system availability;
in-house and remote back-up files;
24/7 system error monitoring and disaster recovery;
24/7 remote access to selected team members.
An advanced quality management system.
An advanced information security management system.
Work processes that are tailored to the requirements of customers and comply with contractual terms.
- Sufficient numbers of linguists and supporting staff with excellent computer skills and extensive training in the use of IT tools, remote working environments, VPNs and shared platforms.
- State-of-the-art translation memory software tools for optimal utilization of accumulated knowledge and cost reduction.
- Multiple QA and LQI software tools in order to maximise quality of deliverables to customers.
At the start of a contract the Project Manager calls the kick-off meeting, where the project team meets to set-up the ‘Action and Follow-up Plan’, allocating work, defining responsibilities and tasks for each party involved and setting specific deadlines for each task. Subsequent monitoring and management of the process is performed on the ERP platform, where all the stakeholders can work and communicate together.
4. SOCIAL CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
Intertranslations corporate responsibility starts with our value system and principled approach to doing business. We recognise that we influence the lives of our staff by providing them with employment, training and a safe work environment. We also influence the lives of our clients by offering our services and the community we live in when we use its infrastructure networks and natural resources.
By operating in ways that meet fundamental responsibilities in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, adopting best practices and incorporating the UN Global Compact Principles into our company strategies, policies and procedures, we make an effort of establishing a culture of integrity and contributing to the challenges of sustainable development. Our company:
supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
is not complicit in human rights abuses;
is an equal opportunity employer;
is against discrimination in respect of employment and occupation;
is against all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
supports the effective abolition of child labour;
supports a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
promotes with its business activities a greater environmental responsibility;
is against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.