MSDS Marine are a marine and coastal archaeological contractor specialising in the management and support of archaeological projects. MSDS Marine offer a full range of archaeological services including, but not limited to consultancy, research, desk-based services, remote sensing, conservation, ground-truthing, and diving services. Our team includes individuals who are specialists in the support of development projects, diving, historic vessels, heritage management, historic and archival research, assessments and management of significance, surveying, conservation, and stakeholder engagement.
MSDS Marine are a diving contractor registered with the HSE and provide diving and logistical support to underwater projects both on Surface Supply or SCUBA dependant on requirements. MSDS Marine have experience of providing support to the wider marine sector including ecological assessments, pre and post construction surveys and specialist survey solutions.
MSDS Marine are committed to creating hands on experience in the sector for students, volunteers and early career professionals and promoting public engagement.
MSDS Marine has been established since April 2011 and are a well-known and trusted contractor with recent clients including A-2-Sea Solutions, DeepOcean, Carcinus The Cultural Heritage Agency of the Netherlands, E.ON, Historic England, Isles of Scilly IFCA, MarineSpace, Ørsted and Pascoe Archaeology Services.
MSDS Marine are the retained marine archaeological consultants for a number of infrastructure and windfarm development projects.
- · Archaeological advice on legislation and planning
- · Research
- · Geographic Information Services
- · Assessments of archaeological potential
- · Archaeological assessments of geophysical and hydrographic survey data
- · Archaeological assessments of ROV data
- · Geoarchaeological assessment of geotechnical data
- · Assessments of significance
- · Assessments of impacts
- · Development of mitigation strategies
- · Training, toolbox talks and contractor briefings
- · Liaison with other sector specialists to ensure archaeological input throughout the development process
- · Scoping and strategic appraisal studies
- · Preliminary Environmental Information Reports
- · Environmental Impact Assessments
- · Strategic and Regional Environmental Assessments
- · Written Schemes of Investigation
- · Method Statements
- · Reports on specialist archaeological assessments including review of geophysical and hydrographic data, ROV data and geotechnical data
- · Management reports